The goals and objectives of Gadsden City High School Athletic Program are as follows:
- To be one of the most successful athletic programs in the state of Alabama.
- To follow all policies of the Alabama High School Athletic Association.
- To ensure that all participants including players, coaches, administrators and parents provide a positive image of school athletics.
- To strive for excellence that will produce quality teams and nurture sportsmanship and personal growth for the student-athlete.
- To provide an environment where students develop athletic and life skills including but not limited to:
- Development of team play that encourages loyalty, cooperation, accountability, honesty, fairness, commitment, and hard work.
- Leadership that stresses discipline, self-motivation, trust, excellence, and the ideal of good sportsmanship.
- Emphasizing programs for the entire student body and faculty that will generate a feeling of unity and school/community spirit.
- Providing an opportunity for achievement of realistic individual goals as set by the participant in conjunction with coaches.
- Developing an appreciation for athletics that promotes lifelong participation and a healthy lifestyle.
- Nurturing self-discipline, emotional maturity, proper social behavior, and self-control while learning to make decisions while under pressure.
Title IX Policy Statement
In compliance with the Alabama High School Athletic Association, it is the official policy of Gadsden City High School that no person, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program offered by Gadsden City High School.