Read At Home Plan for Gadsden City Schools
- The Alabama Family Guide for Student Reading Success
- Literacy Resource Links (Alabama Family Guide for Student Reading Success)
- My Child Can! Kindergarten Book
- My Child Can! First Grade Book
- My Child Can! Second Grade Book
- My Child Can! Third Grade Book
- Supporting Family Involvement in Foundational Reading Skills
- Parent Notification Letter of Deficiency per the Literacy Act 
- Spanish Parent Notification Letter of Deficiency per the Literacy Act
- Read at Home Plan Sample from Amplify Report
- Supporting Your Child’s Reading at Home (pg. 134 in ALA Implementation Guide)
- A recording of the sounds of spoken English – It is a good idea to take the time and listen to a recording of the sounds letters make so that you are saying the sounds correctly without a schwa (UH) sound at the end. (pg. 135 in ALA Implementation Guide)
- Picture book
- Rhyming Picture Books – A list of rhyming books you might check out in your local library (pg. 135 in ALA Implementation Guide)
- Storynory – gives parents links to songs, poems, nursery rhymes, myths, and other stories to listen to online or to download. (pg. 138 in ALA Implementation Guide)
- Children’s Books Online contains audio books that can be downloaded. (pg. 138 in ALA Implementation Guide)
- Short Fluency Phrases – repeated readings of a few phrases help your child develop fluency and proficiency. (pg. 138 in ALA Implementation Guide)
- Reading Adventure Packs Kindergarten
- Reading Adventure Packs First Grade
- Reading Adventure Packs Second Grade
- Reading Adventure Packs Third Grade
ACAP Summative Grades 2nd-8th will be Administered in April
Beginning in the 2019-2020 school year, all 2nd-8th grade students will participate in a new statewide assessment. This will take the place of the Performance Series test that has been given in the past two years. It is being called the “ACAP Summative”.
Some new features of the new ACAP Summative Assessment are
- Second grade will take the test, but their scores will only be used to measure growth for their 3rd grade year.
- There is a writing component in the tests for grades 4 through 8.
- Grades 4, 6, and 8 will take the Science portion (previously this was given in 5th and 7th grades).
For Parents And Teachers – We Encourage Practice And Exposure
- Sample test items for this new assessment are available by clicking HERE
- Online Training Tools (OTT) – Student Practice for ACAP computer enhancement tools click HERE
Students may access the OTT as often as needed or desired from either the classroom or home. The OTT runs on a standard Google Chrome web browser and can be accessed outside the school network.