GADSDEN CITY SCHOOLS WILL BE CLOSED BEGINNING TUESDAY, MARCH 17.
With the declared State of Emergency by the Governor, these days will NOT have to be made up at a later time.
The Gadsden City Schools are continuing to closely monitor news about Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19). We will continue to work closely with and follow the guidance of the Center for Disease Control (CDC), Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH), the Alabama State Department of Education (ALSDE), as well as other agencies to receive guidance on steps we can take to minimize the risk in our schools and offices.
Preventive Measures being taken:
- Reminding and encouraging everyone in our schools to wash hands regularly with soap and water for 20 seconds, covering your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze, avoid touching your face.
- If you are sick, stay home until your fever is gone for 24 hours without medication.
- Our schools will also be provided a supply of disinfectants, wipes, hand sanitizers, and other products to clean surfaces, doorknobs, and high traffic areas. Making our schools a healthy and safe environment that provides a high-quality education to all students is our primary goal.
- In the event that a school has to be closed for any substantial length of time, school-based contingency plans are being developed to help minimize the impact on student learning. Including, but not limited to:
- Sending instructional materials home with students
- Providing e-learning activities for students (Google Classroom, Video Lessons, etc.)
- Communication will be facilitated through district and school websites, social media and SchoolCast.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND RESOURCES
Alabama State Department of Education Coronavirus Parent Information
More information on the Coronavirus from the CDC at www.cdc.gov/COVID19
Alabama State Department of Education Coronavirus News
Worldwide cases (Source: Johns Hopkins University)